Co-op Forms and Instructions
Co-op timeline for summer semester of academic year 2020/2021 students should follow:
If co-op is a self-found one (not through the Career Services Office), it is mandatory to submit an offer letter provided by employer. Offer letter has to be submitted for the following co-op models:
- Traditional - in-company self-found co-op placement (there is no offer letter template provided by RIT Croatia Career Services office. Each offer letter has to be submitted on a company letterhead)
- Remote - self-found co-op placement (there is no offer letter template provided by us. Each offer letter has to be submitted on a company letterhead)
- Entrepreneurial – working in a self-found, established business. The entrepreneurial co-op assignment has to adhere to certain standards and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Students have to check credit hour standing as it is required to have 55 credits (IB and WMC) and 27 credits (HTM) at the end of the spring semester in order to be eligible for the co-op in the summer semester.
Based on the offer letter co-op will/will not be officially approved and if minimum requirements are met student will be able to further continue with the registration process.
The offer letter should consist of:
- Starting and ending date of co-op, it has to be 10 week period (minimum);
- 40 hours per week, full time (8 hours per day, 5 days per week);
- Name of mentor;
- Detailed job description (job tasks, duties and responsibilities and in which department student will be working);
- The letter should be stamped and signed by the company representative.
Please email the offer letter to the Career Service office two weeks before the official co-op start.
- Co-op start date has to be in between May 17th, 2021 (the earliest) and June 21st, 2021 (the latest).
- Students enrolled in Maymester and/or June Summer semester cannot do the co-op at the same time. They can start with the coop after they complete Maymester term.
- A minimum co-op length is 10 weeks.
- Students required to fulfill co-op during the academic year 2020/2021 summer semester, are also required to register co-op by sending the Co-op Registration Form at the latest by the end of the 1st week of your co-op employment.
- General coop overview in steps and phases can be found HERE.