An American MS program Information Technology and Analytics
GET BIG WITH BIG DATA
While change is constant, there’s nothing more certain than an investment in your biggest asset—YOU. This is the perfect time for you togain an advanced degree from RIT!As part of RIT Croatia's life-long learning initiatives, we are facilitating the opportunity for students to earn a Master of Science degree in Information Technology and Analytics, from one of the largest private American universities, Rochester Institute of Technology, at RIT Croatia's Zagreb campus.
Explore how information is understood and applied in the modern computing industry. Merge theory and practice in a career-focused program! With technology expanding along new paths every day, companies need professionals that are able to facilitate the movement of information between those paths. They need leaders that have an area of expertise, and can also see the big picture; people who can understand and apply trending tech to ultimately help the end user. As the users' advocate, IT professionals also need the critical thinking skills to problem-solve in a wide variety of computing situations, combined with an understanding of the needs of their audience. Merge theory and practice in a career-focused program!
Master of Science in Information Technology and Analytics program, delivered by Rochester Institute of Technology is designed to produce those kinds of people. Students learn about data analytics on a global and enterprise scale. Theory and practice are merged into real world problem solving exercises, challenging students to integrate web systems, databases, analytics, and more.
The program addresses the web systems and integration technologies, and the information management and database technology pillars, of the IT academic discipline, along with the additional option of discovery informatics.
The new cohort starts this fall in October. We are accepting applications by the end of September.
In this information science master's degree, dive deeper into the study of how information is understood and applied as you work to solve the unexplored problems that are challenging the computing industry.
Maximize your career opportunities!
The MS program in Information Technology and Analytics provides an opportunity for in-depth study to prepare for today’s high-demand computing careers:
- Data Scientist,
- Senior Business Intelligence Analyst,
- Digital Insights Lead Architect,
- Enterprise Service Health Engineer,
- Finance Data Scientist,
- Data / ETL Architect,
- Data Scientist/Analyst,
- Marketing Analytics Data Scientist,
- Data Science Engineer.
Upon completion of their studies, students obtain an internationally recognized American degree – a Master of Science in Information Technology and Analytics – awarded by Rochester Institute of Technology. Its reputation as one of the world’s top universities has been acknowledged by many leading college guides, industry, and internationally respected publications. Read more about RIT's rankings HERE.
Master's Degree Specifics
- 18 months
- 10 courses, including major capstone project /thesis
- Blended curriculum (onsite and online)*
- Onsite classes take place in the afternoon hours (5:00 PM) – adjusted to working professionals
- 30 credit hours earned towards the degree
- American diploma – Master of Science in Information Sciences and Technologies, awarded by Rochester institute of Technology
- up to 2 courses will be delivered fully online
* The class delivery mode is subject to change withrespect to the measures and actions taken against COVID-19 pandemic
To be considered for admission to the MS program in Information Technology and Analytics, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- complete a graduate application at MS APPLICATION FORM
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university or college.
- Submit official transcripts (in English) for all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent).
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from academic or professional sources.
- International applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE. A minimum TOEFL score of 88 (internet-based) is required. A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 is required. The English language test score requirement is waived for native speakers of English or for those submitting transcripts from degrees earned at American institutions.
- Applicants from foreign universities must submit GRE scores. Scores from the GRE are strongly recommended for applicants whose undergraduate grade point average is less than 3.0.
- GRE is not required for RIT alumni
Once we receive all necessary documents for admission, we will send them to RIT's Office of Graduate Admission for review, and will let you know the results as soon as we receive the admission decision.
It is expected that prospective students will have a background in fundamental information technology concepts including object-oriented programming, website development, database theory and practice, and statistics. Students without the necessary background should complete the prerequisites before applying to the program. However, bridge courses are available to satisfy the prerequisites.
Students whose undergraduate preparation or employment experience does not satisfy the prerequisites can make up these deficiencies by completing prerequisite bridge courses as prescribed by the Admissions Office and Program Coordinator. The bridge courses are not part of the 30 semester credit hours required for the master’s degree. Grades for bridge courses are not included in a student’s GPA. Since bridge programs can be designed in a variety of ways, the Program Coordinator will assist students in planning and course selection.
Maximum time limit
University policy requires that graduate programs be completed within seven years of the student's initial registration for courses in the program. Bridge courses are excluded.
What is a Master's Degree?
A master's degree is an academically advanced, discipline specific, research based degree program that is granted to individuals who have undergone study demonstrating a high level of mastery of a specific field of study or area of professional practice.
For additional information about the MS program please contact the Graduate Admissions Office: T. + 385 (0)1 643 9100 - M. +385 (0)99 731 3647 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.