Thank you & Happy Holidays
December 22, 2020
Dear RIT Croatia Students,
It was a very challenging semester, but we made it!
Before we break for the holidays I want to take this moment to sincerely thank you for all of your efforts in keeping our campuses safe, and for your positive attitude and resilience during the past 16 weeks. It was a true team effort, and all of you were fantastic!
Now is the time to take a break, relax and recharge your batteries while safely connecting with family and friends. You earned it, and you deserve it.
I wish you, your families and friends, all the best for the holidays, and let’s positively look forward to 2021.
Stay safe, and stay healthy!
Dean Hudspeth, President and Dean
Postponing the start of spring semester to January 18, 2021
December 17, 2020
Dear RIT Croatia community members,
In line with the current epidemiological measures and recommendations, we have decided to postpone the start of the spring semester classes for one week. The spring semester classes will now start on Monday, January 18th, 2021.
The weekly class schedule for the spring semester will remain in effect, and classes will be delivered in the scheduled combination of in-person, blended and online modes. Please find the updated academic calendar which reflects the new start date HERE.
This decision to postpone the spring semester start date is aligned with this week's announcement by the Croatian Public Health Institute, which stated all elementary schools and high schools will begin with in-person classes on January 18th, 2021. In case there are any changes in the recommendations and/or measures from the Croatian authorities, which could impact our plans, we will advise you via email, so please be sure to regularly check your emails during the holidays.
Our campuses will still open on Monday, January 4th, 2021 (Mon-Fri, 8:00-16:00), and our staff will be available for all of your questions, regardless of them being on campus, or working from home. For any questions relating to class delivery, please contact your academic advisors.
We hope that you had a successful finish to the fall semester and that you are now looking forward to a well-deserved break.
Thank you, and keep up the great spiRIT!
RIT Croatia Team
We are in this together!
"Our success in safely beginning and working through the fall semester will depend upon all of us. Everyone, including students, faculty, and staff, will have to understand our individual responsibilities in minimizing the impact of the virus on our campuses. We cannot guarantee that the virus will not show up on our campuses, but we can all do our part to minimize the risk, and when it does, minimize its spread.”
RIT Croatia Team
RIT Croatia COVID-19 Alert Level
We understand that despite RIT Croatia’s safety protocols, RIT Croatia cannot guarantee a COVID-free environment. We all play a role in keeping our RIT Croatia community healthy and safe against the spread of COVID-19.
This alert level system will enable RIT Croatia to respond quickly to rapidly evolving health conditions. And it is up to each member of the RIT Croatia community to wear a mask in public, wash hands frequently, and watch your physical distance.
To find out more about RIT Croatia COVID Alert Level please visit RIT CROATIA DASHBOARD.
Take the RIT Croatia Safety Pledge
As RIT Croatia Tigers, we recognize that our actions impactothers, and we ALL play a role in keeping our RIT community healthy and safeagainst the spread of COVID-19.
I pledge to:
PROTECT myself and others by:
- WEARING a mask that covers my nose and mouth when in public
- WASHING my hands frequently, for 20 seconds each time, and using hand sanitizer
- WATCHING my physical distance, staying two meters apart
PREVENT the spread of COVID-19 by:
- Practicing daily self-care
- Keeping shared spaces clean
- Monitoring for potential symptoms every day
- Contacting a health care provider if I have any COVID-19 symptoms
- Staying home when I feel sick
PREPARE and plan ahead by:
- Adhering to RIT Croatia guidelines
- Following directional signage throughout campus
- Keeping important supplies with me at all times—mask and hand sanitizer
- Finding ways to be together socially, while physically distant
You can take the pledge HERE.
RESPONSE TO COVID-19: MOST RELEVANT INFORMATION
You can find most relevant information at the following LINK.READ MORE
RIT Croatia Safety Plan
Important Contacts for COVID-19 Related Questions
- For course related questions, please contact your course instructor (click HERE)
- For IT related questions, please contact ITS@croatia.rit.edu
- For questions about academic standing, progress, withdrawals, please contact your advisor (click HERE)
- For questions related to documentation, please contact Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For career services and co-op related questions, please contact email@example.com
- For Erasmus, study abroad and International Student Office related questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For finance related questions, please contact email@example.com
- For enrollment related questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For alumni related questions, please contact email@example.com
- For marketing and communication related questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all other questions, please contact email@example.com
All of the emails are being monitored and you will be provided with a response ASAP.