- a study period abroad at a partner higher education institution (HEI);
- a traineeship (work placement) abroad in an enterprise or any other relevant workplace.
To ensure high-quality mobility activities with maximum impact on the students, the mobility activity has to respond to student degree-related learning and personal development needs. The study period abroad must be part of the student’s study programme to complete a degree at a short cycle, first cycle (Bachelor or equivalent), second cycle (Master or equivalent) and third or doctoral cycle.
Traineeships abroad at a workplace are also supported during short cycle, first, second, third cycle studies and within a maximum of one year after the student’s graduation. This also includes the ‘assistantships’ for student teachers.
Wherever possible, the traineeships should be an integrated part of the student’s study programme.
Student mobility can be in any subject area/academic discipline.
ELIGIBLE PARTICIPATING ORGANIZATIONS
Student mobility for studies:
Both sending and receiving organisations must be HEIs awarded with an ECHE (Erasmus Charter for Higher Education).
Student mobility for traineeships:
The sending organisation must be a HEI awarded with an ECHE.
The receiving organisation can be:
- a HEI awarded with an ECHE or
- any public or private organisation active in the labor market or in the fields of education, training and youth.
- a public or private, a small, medium or large enterprise (including social enterprises);
- a public body at local, regional or national level;
- a social partner or other representative of working life, including chambers of commerce, craft/professional associations and trade unions;
- a research institute;
- a foundation;
- a school/institute/educational centre (at any level, from pre-school to upper secondary education, and including vocational education and adult education);
- a non-profit organisation, association, NGO;
- a body providing career guidance, professional counselling and information services.
Study periods: from 3 to 12 months (including a complementary traineeship period, if
DURATION OF THE ACTIVITY
Traineeships: from 2 to 12 months.
The same student may receive grants for mobility periods totaling up to 12 months maximum per each cycle of study, independently from the number and type of mobility activities:
- during the first study cycle (Bachelor or equivalent) including the short-cycle (EQF levels 5 and 6);
- during the second study cycle (Master or equivalent - EQF level 7); and
- during the third cycle as doctoral candidate (doctoral level or EQF level 8).
ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTSStudents registered in a HEI and enrolled in studies leading to a recognized degree or other recognized tertiary level qualification (up to and including the level of doctorate).
In case of mobility for studies, the students must be enrolled at least in the second year of higher education studies. For traineeships, this condition does not apply.
Recent higher education graduates may participate in traineeships. Recent graduates must be selected by their HEI during their last year of study and must carry out and complete their traineeship abroad within one year of obtaining their graduation.