Taking a Beginning Croatian class while in Croatia is an excellent opportunity to learn Croatian language for all individuals without any prior knowledge of the language or to all those who wish to expand their knowledge.
This is a four-credit course consisting of 40 teaching hours throughout 10 weeks of the Spring Quarter.
The goal of this course is:
- to achieve proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing with an emphasis on oral proficiency
- to provide exposure to real life exchanges and material in order to learn about Croatian life and Croatian culture
- to acquire knowledge on the geography, the history and the economy of Croatia
- to help students become sensitive to issues in contemporary life in Croatia
- to assist students in developing an understanding and appreciation of the diverse cultural perspectives in order to better understand the Croatian society with reference to its culture and history
The student’s learning will be assessed through homework assignments, daily preparation and participation, written quizzes and exams, course project and final exams. The course is taught in English and the teaching will take place in a smart classroom with all the necessary equipment needed for technology assisted language learning.
The class will meet two times a week for two 50-min periods in each session at 17:30 PM on 19:30 schedule. Students can earn four (4) undergraduate liberal arts credits. Cost for this course is 612 EUR.
Quarter start/end dates:
Spring quarter: start March 12, 2012, end May 18, 2012
Please let us know if you would be interested in joining this class by contacting Draženka Franić at email@example.com or at +385 20 433 000.
Quality and excellence have always been embedded in RIT Croatia's DNA. As a global campus of RIT, we are committed to deliver exceptional studying and learning experiences for our students, we well as working experience for our employees.
RIT named by Princeton Review as among nation’s best universities for value and career outcomes for students
In addition to RIT Croatia Freshmen Orientation that took place last week, School of Information from RIT's Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences held an online Global Orientation for its Web and Mobile Computing students in Dubrovnik and Zagreb, Croatia, and Dubai, UAE on Monday, August 31.
Another academic year has started and though we are happy to see our students start and continue to achieve success in their academic lives, a lot of things have changed in just one year. The COVID-19 pandemic has affected everyone's lives globally and made us adapt to what some call the „new normal“.