RESPONSE TO COVID-19: MOST RELEVANT INFORMATION
Please check this website frequently as the information is being updated on a daily basis.
Please read all the information below related to communication, campuses, online classes, coops, events and scholarships:
o For course related questions, please contact your course instructor (click HERE)
o For IT related questions, please contact ITS@croatia.rit.edu
o For questions about academic standing, progress, withdrawals, please contact your advisor (click HERE)
o For questions related to documentation, please contact Student Services at email@example.com
o For career services and co-op related questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
o For Erasmus, study abroad and International Student Office related questions, please contact email@example.com
o For finance related questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
o For enrollment related questions, please contact email@example.com
o For alumni related questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
o For marketing and communication related questions, please contact email@example.com
o For all other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All of the emails are being monitored and you will be provided with a response ASAP.
GENERAL INFORMATION (COURSEWORK, DATES, ETC.)
• The classes resume on Monday, March 23rd, in an online format. Students are expected to actively participate in the new format of the class delivery.
• For all assignments that have deadlines in the period March 16th-22nd, the deadlines will be postponed. Faculty will share information specific for their courses and assignments directly with students through e-mail and/or MyCourses.
• Once we start, we will stay in the online format until the end of semester. This means that students should not return to campuses after the Spring break.
• Activities in the week of finals will also be converted online.
• Last day of classes is planned for April 27th
• Tutoring will also stay available to students, it will also move to the online environment. As we work through all of the details, they will be shared by course instructors.
RIT CROATIA FACILITIES
In line with the most recent recommendation from theCroatian Government, as of Friday, March 20th, all of the professors and thestaff are working remotely, from home, until further notice. We are taking thismeasure to ensure a safe and healthy environment for everyone.
VIRTUAL CLASSROOM – ONLINE CLASSES
For many activities MyCourses can be used, so that will frequently be the new online environment.
- Online classes can be delivered in two formats:
- Synchronous: virtual classroom in which students and instructors are present at the same time. For connecting to virtual classrooms, web based tools (or apps) like Zoom or Blue Jeans will be used. The way that works: a faculty member will share a link with students for a live class session, each student clicks the link and joins the class, at a specified time. Online meeting tools will also be available for office hours.
- Asynchronous: a good example is a discussion board
- Classes at RIT Croatia could have elements of both types of activities. As faculty redesign the courses, they will share the detailed information with their students.
- The summer co-op is planned to be delivered in the usual/regular format, but we are monitoring the situation as well as the health recommendations from relevant sources and will act accordingly. All important information, changes or updates will be communicated to students in a timely manner.
- Zagreb CED event had to be cancelled, but the Career Services are working with our corporate partners for coop placements on a regular basis.
- CV’s from students that applied for co-ops related to Zagreb CED, will be forwarded to companies and we will be in touch with all chosen candidates about their interviews.
- We continue to work with our corporate partners regarding co-ops for students of both campuses
- Career Services will remain to be available for students through online meetings.
• Effective immediately, and until further notice, all in-person, RIT Croatia sponsored or hosted events in venues both on and off campus, are postponed, or canceled as follows:
POSTPONED (more information to follow)
• March 17th – Alumni/Senior Dinner – Zagreb
• March 25th – Alumni/Senior Dinner – Dubrovnik
• April 17th – 19th – BreweRIT Event – Dubrovnik
• April 18th – Graduation Dinner – Zagreb
• April 25th – Graduation Dinner – Dubrovnik
• May 15th – Commencement Ceremony – Zagreb - TBD
May 16th – Commencement Ceremony – Dubrovnik - TBD
• March 26th – International Dinner – Zagreb
• March 31st – Career Education Day – Zagreb
• April 2nd – International Dinner – Dubrovnik
• April 17th – BBQ – Dubrovnik
• April 26th – BBQ – Zagreb
• All Ecology class field trips
• Outstanding Undergraduate Student dinners
• Community Service Days – TBD
• We are making necessary adjustments to the scholarship application process. All information will be communicated to students in a timely manner.
• Volunteering points for scholarships for all the events that occurred in this academic year until now, will be a part of the scholarship application.
• We are revising scholarship application for the events that were supposed to take place in the remaining part of this semester. Events that were supposed to happen will be taken out from the scholarship application as students will not able to apply for volunteering. The only exception is Career Education Day, which had registered and confirmed volunteers for the event who even did some work already; hence, we will award volunteering points for this particular event.